In a mesh topology, two devices are connected with each other with a dedicated point-to-point link. In this topology, devices can send and receive the network at the same time.
If there are n number of devices within the network, then each device must be connected with (n-1) devices of the network.
The formula for getting the links for mesh topology is n(n-1)/2.
This topology can also be used in wireless mode.
In this topology, devices are made to transfer and receive data in between them.
Advantages Of Mesh Topology
- If there is any fault even in a single device, that is easily diagnosed.
- Data is reliable because they have point to point link.
- High security.
- Privacy is maintained.
- If a device fails, nothing happens to the whole network.
Disadvantages Of Mesh Topology
- This forms a complex network as the number of cables increases.
- Cost of maintaince is high.
- Installation is difficult within Mesh topology.
- Configuration is also difficult.
- It is a less desirable network.